Wednesday, July 25, 2012

She's mobile!


Norah started crawling on May 31st at 7 months old.  She had just woken up from a nap and was still bundled up in her sleep sack when we noticed her wiggling around on the floor trying to get to a pair of Avery's shoes.  We thought, "I bet if her legs weren't caught up in that sleep sack she'd be able to crawl."  So we took her out of it and grabbed the video camera to wait and see what would happen.  This is probably one of those videos that means a whole lot more to us as parents than it would to anyone else, but if you have 50 seconds to spare, here's a glimpse of Norah's first time figuring out how to get from point A to point B. (I know I look like a mean mom as I keep scooting the shoes further and further away from her. I wanted to encourage her to go a little further, but mostly I just didn't actually want her touching those dirty shoes!)



She started out with this sort of awkward wiggle, then quickly transitioned to the army crawl. After a couple months of that she is now a full fledged crawler up on her hands and knees getting into everything!  She pulls herself up to standing, climbs up onto the fireplace, is trying to climb the stairs, and she is FAST.  If we take our eyes off of her for just a second we have to play "Where's Norah?" and hunt her down before she gets into trouble.  We've finally gotten into the habit of keeping every door on the first floor of the house closed at all times (the basement door, laundry room, bathroom, our bedroom) and Erich installed a baby gate to keep her out of the kitchen.  Let the baby proofing begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment