Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Father's Day


Remember how I said I spent Mother's Day taking a nap and shopping?  Erich spent Father's Day installing the world's most complicated baby gate. We're wired a little differently.  I would have loved to give Erich the "day off" and see him lounging around, relaxing, watching movies all day.  But that's not how Erich works.  He can't rest when there is a project to be done and with Norah's new found mobility the baby gate felt like a bit of an emergency. What a great dad, sacrificing his Father's Day to keep his baby safe!  Along with installing the gate we went to church, had a great dinner, and spent some time on the deck giving Daddy his gifts.  Although we would gladly welcome a son to our family someday, I think God knew exactly what He was doing when He blessed us with two little girls.  Erich is an amazing Dad to our daughters.  He makes them feel safe and secure. He encourages them and makes them feel beautiful.  He is the perfect balance of sensitive, fun, and serious. He firmly disciplines when needed, but Avery and Norah will never ever ever doubt their Daddy's love for them.  We try our best to teach our kids about Jesus so they will grow up knowing where their hope comes from.  As important as it is for us to share that truth with them, actions speak louder than words and Erich exemplifies Christ's love to our family daily.  I am blessed to call him my husband. Avery and Norah are blessed to call him their dad.  

Daddy with his pretty girls

One of Erich's gifts was a set of books he'd had his eyes on.  Avery and I worked on a little project together and surprised him with a special bookmark (it involved a photo of Avery posing like she was dangling from a rope and she thought that was hilarious).  Avery was so excited to give it to him and so proud that she helped to make it.  What a sweet girl.

Daddy and baby Norah.  What a joy she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment