Norah's not the only one tackling new "firsts" around here. Avery recently had her first visit to the dentist! The week after her 3rd birthday she had an appointment for a cleaning. Although there's not much that really needs to be done at this point, Dr Dove suggested this would be a good age to start bringing her in so she can get used to the idea of dentist visits from a young age and hopefully curb any fears or nerves she might have about it. Erich stayed home with Norah and I took Avery to her appointment. We prepped her about what was going to happen so she'd know what to expect. She seemed excited about the idea of it, but in the car on the way there nerves started to settle in and she let me know that she changed her mind and she wouldn't be going to the dentist after all. When I broke the news that we would indeed be showing up for her appointment she said, "Well mom, my teeth are very sharp and I don't want the dentist to hurt his hand when he touches my teeth so we better just go home." Nice try babe. Given her trepidation on the car ride, I braced myself for an embarrassing scene once we arrived but I had nothing to worry about. Everyone at the office was especially sweet to Avery and made such a fuss over what a cute little girl she is. All the attention put her at ease and she was a CHAMP. She was so brave and was a perfect angel in the dentist chair. Dr Dove and all of his staff went out of their way to compliment her behavior. She had no cavities and got a great report!
Avery is growing up so quickly. We're proud of our sweet girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment