Friday, May 4, 2012

Odds and Ends


Life seems to be flying by at a record pace. Spring weather came early this year which only added to the feeling that time was speeding quickly along.  We didn't get hardly any snow this winter. Instead we were going for walks with the stroller in February!  You won't hear me complaining one bit about that.  A long walk through the neighborhood with my girls is one of my favorite things about the warm weather months.  You'll see us out there most days of the week.  Norah loves the lulling feeling of the stroller and usually falls asleep before we get to the end of the driveway.  Avery has been having fun learning "left" and "right" and has our usual route memorized now, always navigating and telling me which way to turn.  

Norah's first stroller ride in early February.  When she's riding in the stroller she's either smiling or sleeping. 

Avery loves the double stroller and has claimed the front seat as her "driver's seat". 



 Another fun activity that we enjoyed this winter was visits to Imagination Station (formerly COSI).  We got a year long family membership through a groupon deal for a steal.  I'm so thankful we saw the groupon opportunity because this probably isn't something we would have splurged on otherwise and it was such a fun place to go during the chilly winter months.  Sadly, our membership expires at the end of the month and we don't plan to renew (I just can't stomach paying full price after the amazing deal we got).  They have such an impressive interactive toddler/pre-school area that we never even explored the rest of the building. I have no idea what else is there, but I hear it's great! The pre-school area encourages creativity and imagination.  It has a pretend grocery store, hospital (complete with an ambulance), fire truck, a giant tree house, a water play area, a little house, giant legos, and all sorts of other fun things to explore.  I'm sure we'll go back from time to time to visit.  I'm thankful that we discovered this Toledo gem!


 Avery and her friend Grace playing in the intake area of the "hospital"

 Avery the firefighter with Norah and Momma

 Norah spends a lot of time in the sleepy wrap. It makes it a lot easier to keep up with Avery when my hands are free.  Thankfully Norah is happy and content to ride around in there!

 Avery and Grace checking out with their groceries at the store.

One last random photo....  Norah is one laid back little baby.  Although she has her fussy moments, most of the time she's content to go with the flow and do her own thing.  Norah spends a lot of time playing in her exersaucer while I play with Avery or work in the kitchen.  On more than one occasion I've noticed that things are awfully quiet and when I go in to check on her, this is what I find... 

 
I love this sweet sleepy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment