Avery and I sat down at the table today and she humored me by answering a few questions. Without further ado.... The Birthday Interview:
What's your name? Avery Ann Piland
Do you know what today is? Birthday!
How old are you? Three years old
How are we celebrating your birthday? Well, we had a party with my cubby cake and we went to Daddy's work and ate cupcakes.
And what are we doing tomorrow? Special date!
Who is that over there? Norah Elizabeth Piland
Do you love her? Yeah.
What's your favorite thing about Norah? I like it when she laughs at me when I make her laugh.
What's your favorite color? Red
Favorite book to read? The Going To Bed Book
Favorite movie? Tangled
Favorite game to play? Lucky Ducks
Favorite food to eat? Two peanut butter breads like a sandwich
Favorite animal? Giraffe
Favorite song? Snow White song
Favorite thing to do outside? Go for stroller rides and I sit in the front and Norah sits in the back.
Favorite holiday? Easter
What's Easter all about? Umm... Jesus. And eggs, I think.
Who is your best friend? Gracie
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Cubby and blankie
What do you want to be when you grow up? A daddy
Are you sure you don't want to be a mommy? No, I want to be a daddy like my daddy and take care of sick people at work.
Oh, so you want to be a nurse. No, I said I want to be a daddy.
Okay.
Who do you love? Gracie
Who else? Norah
Anyone else (shamelessly fishing)? Well, Mommy and Daddy
Do you know who loves you? Norah
Who else loves you? Mommy and Daddy
That's right sweet pea. Thanks for letting me interview you. Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday Momma.

I love her, "I want to be a daddy." I remember when my niece Emma was just younger than Avery and was getting potty-trained, she called to tell me of her success one day. She left me a phone message about how she was such a "big boy" for using the potty! Alana asked if she was a big boy or a big girl, and Emma insisted, "a big boy!". It wasn't until about 30 seconds later that she finally chimed in, "No, I'm a big girl!" How fun they are!
ReplyDelete