Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What a difference a year makes


It's funny how in the day to day living of life, you just don't notice all the changes that are taking place. Kind of like, when you are growing your hair out. From one day to the next, it doesn't look any different. But suddenly you see a photo of yourself from 6 months ago and you can't believe how much it's grown. Or when you are losing weight. You don't see the change as you are dropping one pound at a time, then you wake up one morning and your pants won't stay up. I spend every single day with Avery and Norah and while I love watching them grow and learn new things, I was still somewhat shocked when I looked back through our photos and videos from the past year at how much they both have changed.


Avery in March of 2011...

And in January of 2012


And seriously, reminiscing about our journey through the last year with Norah just amazes me. She went from a prayer in our hearts to a baby in our arms, all in the same calendar year.

Seeing Norah for the first time in March 2011... just a little blob.

Meeting her face to face on October 18, 2011

January 2012 - Forget what a difference a year makes, how about what a difference 3 months makes?

I love being mom to these two beauties, but I'll admit there are times when a day goes by soooo sloooowww. On the days when Avery is being cranky and Norah won't nap and I finish washing my hands after changing one poopy diaper only to realize that the other one needs changed now too. On the days that I find myself glancing at the clock because surely bedtime must be near, just to discover that it's only been 5 minutes since I last looked at the time. On the hard days there is some comfort in reminding myself that this stage won't last forever. But I'll still try to cherish every moment, even the hard ones, because it's true... this stage won't last forever. And I don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment