Thursday, December 22, 2011

Baby Dedication


On Sunday, November 27th, we were happy to have the opportunity to dedicate Norah to the Lord in the presence of our family, friends, and church congregation. We feel so blessed to be part of a church that is rooted in the truth of the Bible and even more blessed that both Erich and I come from families that raised us to know the importance of a personal relationship with God. We hope that we can encourage Avery and Norah on that same path so that they will someday make that decision for themselves. Participating in Cedar Creek's Baby Dedication was our opportunity to publicly proclaim our intention to raise Norah in a Christ centered home. We are honored that God has trusted us with her precious little life. I often look at both of our girls in awe of the fact that God picked Erich and I to be their parents. We are thankful for both of them always, but on the day of Norah's baby dedication we were especially aware of the blessing that she is to our family. We love you Norah!

Attempting a photo after church. Avery was so excited to have all the family at the house that she couldn't hold still for two seconds.

With Nana and Papa

With Grandma and Grandpa

Grandma and Grandpa got Norah a beautiful gold cross necklace that she wore for the dedication. Unfortunately, when I took it off of her and put it back in the box I got the tiny chain all tangled up in knots. The grandpas were up for the challenge and spent way too long working to try and untangle it with straight pins and a magnifying glass. It was quite the sight and gave us all a good chuckle.

Our beautiful baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment